Serving The Community In Humility, Simplicity And Charity
The Association of Ladies of Charity of the Archdiocese of Washington has been serving the underprivileged and disenfranchised in the community for over 50 years. Here are a few of the services provided:
- Visit the sick and elderly who are homebound, in hospitals and/or in nursing homes;
- Operate food pantries to assist needy families;
- Coordinate blood drives with the Red Cross;
- Prepare and distribute food to homeless shelters;
- Provide layette items to pregnancy crisis centers;
- Provide “Shoes For Kids” ages 6-17;
- Donate clothing to women transitioning from welfare to work;
- Provide Christmas baskets of food, toys and new clothing for needy families.
It is our mission “to serve rather than be served,” all those encountered with humility, simplicity and charity.